The Colorado Revised Statutes Title 38, Article 12, Section 213 requires the terms and conditions of a tenancy to be adequately disclosed in writing in a rental agreement by the management to any prospective home owner prior to the rental or occupancy of a mobile home space or lot.
Each mobile home park rental agreement shall include:
- The term of the tenancy and the amount of rent, subject to the requirements of the subsection Terms of Tenancy;
- The day rental payment is due and payable;
- The day when unpaid rent shall be considered in default;
- The rules and regulations of the park then in effect;
- The name and mailing address where a manager’s decision can be appealed;
- All charges to the home owner other than rent.
Note: Each rental agreement shall be signed by both the management and the home owner, and each party shall receive a copy thereof.
Terms of Tenancy
The terms of tenancy shall be specified in a written rental agreement subject to the following conditions:
- The standard rental agreement shall be for a month-to-month tenancy.
- Upon written request by the home owner to the landlord, the landlord shall allow a rental agreement for a fixed tenancy of not less than one year if the home owner is current on all rent payments and is not in violation of the terms of the then-current rental agreement; except that an initial rental agreement for a fixed tenancy may be for less than one year in order to ensure conformity with a standard anniversary date. A landlord shall not evict or otherwise penalize a home owner for requesting a rental agreement for a fixed period.
- A landlord may, in the landlord’s discretion, allow a lease for a fixed period of longer than one year without requiring a written request by the home owner.
Return to Colorado Landlord-Tenant Laws.