The Arkansas Residential Landlord-Tenant Act of 2007 requires tenants to have the following obligations with regard to taking care of a rental property:
A tenant shall:
- Comply with all obligations primarily imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety;
- Keep the dwelling unit and that part of the premises that he or she uses reasonably safe and reasonably clean;
- Dispose from his or her dwelling unit all ashes, garbage, rubbish, and other waste in a reasonably clean and safe manner;
- Keep all plumbing fixtures in the dwelling unit or used by the tenant reasonably clean;
- Use in a reasonable manner all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and other facilities and appliances, including elevators in the premises;
- Not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair, or remove any part of the premises or knowingly permit any person to do so who is on the premises with the tenant’s permission or who is allowed access to the premises by the tenant;
- Conduct himself or herself and require other persons on the premises with the tenant’s permission or who are allowed access to the premises by the tenant to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb other tenant’s peaceful enjoyment of the premises; and
- Comply with the lease and rules that are enforceable pursuant to this subchapter.
A.C.A. § 18-17-601.
Return to Arkansas Landlord-Tenant Laws.