Serve a noncompliant tenant with this Indiana Notice to Cure or Quit to demand a violation be corrected or else the tenancy will be terminated and the rental property must be surrendered.
What Does Indiana Law Say?
(b) Except as provided in subsection (c), a landlord may not bring an action under this chapter unless the following conditions are met:
(1) The landlord gives the tenant notice of the tenant’s noncompliance with a provision of this chapter.
(2) The tenant has been given a reasonable amount of time to remedy the noncompliance.
(c) If the noncompliance has caused physical damage that the landlord has repaired, the landlord shall give notice specifying the repairs that the landlord has made and documenting the landlord’s cost to remedy the condition described in the notice.
How to Fill Out
Step 1 – Enter the name(s) of the tenant(s).
Step 2 – Provide the street address and city of the rental property
Step 3 – Specify the violation(s) that must be cured.
Step 5 – Set a reasonable deadline by which the tenant must act.
Step 6 – Sign and date.
Step 7 – Serve the tenant with the notice and complete the record of service section stating who, how and when the tenant was served.
• Nonpayment of Rent: 10 days. IC 32-31-1-6
• Noncompliance: Reasonable amount of time. IC 32-31-7-7(b)
• Termination (Month-to-Month Lease): 30 days. IC 32-31-1-1
• Eviction Lawsuit: Civil Lawsuit.