Month-to-Month lease agreements generally renew automatically each month. This Arkansas 30 Day Notice to Terminate Lease may be used by either a landlord or tenant that does not wish to renew and wants to cancel the tenancy (no reason required). This form must be submitted to the other party with at least 30 days from the next rent payment due date.
If the tenant refuses to surrender the premises, the landlord may file a forcible detainer lawsuit to seek the eviction of the tenant.
How to Fill Out
Step 1. Whoever is serving the notice, must check the applicable box as a landlord or tenant.
- Landlords must check the first box and enter the date when the lease agreement or tenancy started and the date the tenancy will end.
- Tenants must check the second box and enter the date when the lease agreement or tenancy started and the date the tenancy will end. In addition, a forwarding address should be provided to ensure security deposit funds or other necessary correspondence can be received after moving.
Step 2. Sign and print name where indicated.
Step 3. Deliver the notice to the other party in person or send by certified mail.
• Nonpayment of Rent: 3 days. (§ 18-60-304(3))
• Noncompliance: 14 days. (§ 18-17-701)
• Termination (Month-to-Month Lease): 30 days. (§ 18-17-704)
• Eviction Lawsuit: (§ 18-17-9) Eviction Proceedings (§ 18-60-3) Unlawful Detainer