Menu Close

Idaho 3 Day Notice to Pay or Vacate


A free ID 3 Day Notice to Pay or Vacate (Form CAO UD 1) which includes the Affidavit of Service, form CAO UD 2. May be used on residential and commercial tenants. This is a 2 page PDF document.

See the Rental Application with Co-Applicant to run a tenant background check.

A Idaho 3 Day Notice to Pay or Vacate (and Affidavit of Service) instructs a tenant to pay their past due rent or quit their tenancy. This is a free download that also includes form CAO UD 2 which requires the landlord swear under oath that the tenant was served with form CAO UD 1, the notice to pay or vacate. As stated in the title, this notice demands the rent to be paid within 3 days after being served or vacate the premises. Otherwise, the landlord may file to evict.

What Does Idaho Law Say?

§ 6-303(2) Where he continues in possession, in person or by subtenant, without permission of his landlord, or the successor in estate of his landlord, if any there be, after default in the payment of rent, pursuant to the lease or agreement under which the property is held, and three (3) days’ notice, in writing, requiring its payment, stating the amount which is due, or possession of the property, shall have been served upon him, and if there be a subtenant in actual occupation of the premises, also upon such subtenant.

How to Fill Out

Step 1 – Enter the first and last name of the tenant(s) on the CAO UD 1 form.

Step 2 – Provide the rental property address.

Step 3 – Add the total amount of rent past due.

Step 4 – Sign and date.

Step 5 – Serve the notice on the tenant

Step 6 – Swear under oath how the tenant was served by making your selection on the Affidavit of Service CAO UD 2 form and then have it notarized.

Idaho Eviction Laws
Rent Grace Period: Whatever is stated in the lease, if anything.
Nonpayment of Rent: 3 days. § 6-303(2)
Noncompliance: 3 days. § 6-303(3)
Termination (Month-to-Month Lease): 30 days. § 55-208
Eviction Lawsuit: Forcible Entry and Unlawful Detainer § 6-301 – § 6-324.

Please read our Terms of Use. is not a substitute for consulting with a legal professional specializing in landlord-tenant law.